Below, please find the goal and objectives for the NSE Strategic Planning Team work on other NSE-related goals. Your feedback is requested.
Other NSE-related Goal:
- Find ways to engage/support students who are not enrolled in the NSE course their first term.
- Assign them to an advisor
- Build opportunities for them outside of NSE Students who are in the NSE Course
- Develop specific strategies that we can share with students to help them identify a major, especially those students who have not identified a major after their first term.
- Develop an NSE marketing plan for prospective students
- Deliver in high schools
- Build on the NSE/Valencia website
- Examine NSE Course content
- Shift paradigm to relate NSE course to A.S. degree seeking students that already chose a path and need more employability skills instead of college success only.
- Embed more soft skills into course and co-curricular sessions.
- How does the course address other non-traditional students?
- Address non-traditional students in A.S. degree programs and their needs.
- Develop specific NSE courses. These are mature students that have different needs than 18 year olds from high school. (i.e. OST 1122, CSK 1122, PLA 1122).
- Consider other non-traditional students like Veterans