Below, please find the goal and objectives for the NSE Strategic Planning Team work on Personal Connection. Your feedback is requested.
Personal Connection: The deliberate investment of time and engagement with students and colleagues to ensure a sense of Valencia Community.
Goal: Establish personal connections for all new students across the College
- Build opportunities for enhanced collaboration with Student Development.
- Provide students with personalized connections to the College
- Assign an Admissions Advisor to students to help them navigate the enrollment process.
- Develop personalized messages that address students by name and are specific to them.
- Incorporate a lesson into the NSE Course that encourages students to find a mentor and reflect on the value of personal connection.
- Find ways to make faculty and staff more identifiable to students (names, lanyards)
- And accessible – Walking around, engaging with students, and talk to them.
- Provide opportunities for career exploration outside of the NSE Course. Create opportunities that allow…
- Students to meet with program advisor at least twice within first year at Valencia.
- Students to meet with faculty or professional in field to explore career and reflect on it.
- Students to visit career and workforce office to get career counseling.
- Students to visit internship and workforce office to discuss internship opportunities.
- Students the ability to engage in job shadowing or mentoring
- Organize program similar– Take stock in Valencia
(i.e. Legal department à Paralegal students, Security à CJI)
- Schedule courses by cohort to foster sense of community within a program. Force interaction/engagement between and among new students.
- Market fitness center and fitness courses to faculty and staff – Workout together
- UFit activities to include faculty and staff to participate with students