Below, please find the goal and objectives for the NSE Strategic Planning Team work on Meta-Majors and Guided Pathways. Your feedback is requested.
Meta-Majors and Guided Pathways –
Goal: Create NSE meta-major options
- Develop skill shops/workshops for students that will allow them to explore meta-majors in greater depth.
- Consider – How can we get this into high schools and middle schools?
- Partner with the community (business, employees, non-profits) to offer skill shop or create a co-curricular focused on job prospects based on predicted careers (ICAMR). This could be through career center, service learning or internship. (Ask Robyn for clarification)
- Create the “handoff” mechanism between the NSE course and the assigned advisor.
- LinC offerings throughout the first year that align with specific meta-majors.
- Leverage Title V to develop meta-major pathways for students on their first year.
- Be flexible to allow discipline specific content that complements NSE content
- Develop “toolboxes” for these faculty members to help them deliver material customized to the meta-major.
- Partner with UCF to learn about meta-major options (careers).
- Consider developing cohort models for the NSE students.