Below, please find the goal and objectives for the NSE Strategic Planning Team work on LifeMap 2.0/MEP. Your feedback is requested.
LifeMap 2.0/MEP –
Goal: Increase student use of MEP tool and development/support of the students’ education plan – outside of the SLS1122 course
- Encourage students to use MEP and register only for classes on their plan
- Provide incentive (T-shirt, free sandwich, etc,) to students (1 time/semester) for running an MEP and registering for only the courses on it.
- Build a tool within MEP 2.0 that will alert student when he registers for a course outside his plan.
- Make sure MEP is tied to Registration Scheduler. Then make Registration Scheduler the default mechanism for registration.
- Build an online module in NSO to introduce students to MEP; especially important to those students who won’t be in the NSE Course in their first term.
- Provide workshops for existing students that have not had NSE course.
- Connect MEP to intro courses in meta-major area by faculty who espouse the need to stay on track in their program area.
- Option to allow a secondary advisor assigned to student – 1) CPA or transfer advisor 2) NSE Faculty
- Teach faculty how to use MEP:
- Marketing of MEP 2.0 involving tutorials for all faculty (especially Start Right) with Blackboard course to be embedded.
- Demos for Deans
- Build a training module – embed as an assignment in Blackboard courses.
- Infuse MEP 2.0 as part of instruction in variety of disciplines.
- PD Hours/Faculty Development for faculty to re-enforce tool in different ways.
- Professional development credit CEU’s for Blackboard.
- Mandate MEP in Start Right Courses
- Roadmap degree completion guide to ensure use of MEP 2.0 with tasks at various milestones (15, 25, 25).