Below, please find the goal and objectives for the NSE Strategic Planning Team work on Infusion of College Success Skills. Your feedback is requested.
Infusion of College Success Skills –
Goal: Infuse college success Skills in Start Right courses
- Integrate experiential learning opportunities within Start Right classes that enhance college success skills. (i.e. math tutoring, writing center).
- Hire tutors that would specialize in study skills within Start Right Courses.
- Enhance online resources available to students to increase access.
- Make deliberate alignment/connection between College Success Skills and Start Right courses.
- Destination summer work/opportunity
- Provide overview of which College Success Skills are being incorporated into which Start Right courses.
- Develop tutorial videos – “how to” activity to develop specific study skills within a discipline.
- Develop a “Toolbox” from which faculty can pull assignments and activities to incorporate and align with College Success Skills list.
- Align entry level courses (Start Right) with meta-majors or areas of interest (i.e. Nursing intro with math, Humanities with math).
- CARE/LinC opportunities
- Incorporate co-curricular partnerships to alleviate classroom burden and adding content to an overly robust existing curriculum.