The On-line Learning Work Team drafted the following Working Theory, Vision Statement, and Goals for review. Please feel free to comment.
- Students succeed in online/hybrid courses when decisions are informed, choices are clear, and quality learning and support experiences are consistently delivered.
Vision Statement (Updated):
- Valencia is a leader in providing high quality online/hybrid learning and support experiences to a diverse group of students
- Establish a quality model of online/hybrid teaching at Valencia
- Provide resources and guidelines for faculty and deans to incorporate quality course and curriculum design materials to enhance the online learning environment
- Faculty will be prepared to deliver and design high quality online/hybrid courses
- Students will be prepared to succeed in the online/hybrid learning environment
- Develop comparable student service and learning support strategies for the 100% (fully) online learner at Valencia
- Implement an on-going improvement cycle for online and hybrid learning that promotes informed decision-making
- Deans, chairs and coordinators will be prepared to observe, evaluate and make data-informed decisions for online and hybrid courses.