Sources used in the creation of this STEAM Challenge
- Interactions Between Systems Examples. Retrieved January 12, 2016, from http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/communitycollege/interactions.jsp
- ‘Water for Life Decade’ 2005-2015. (n.d.). Retrieved January 12, 2016, from http://www.unwater.org
- Center for Sustainable Systems, University of Michigan. 2015. “U.S. Food System Factsheet.” Pub. No. CSS01-06
- Topic: U.S. Agriculture. Retrieved January 12, 2016, from http://www.statista.com/topics/1126/us-agriculture/
- S. Census Bureau, D. I. S. (2014). Main. Retrieved January 12, 2016, from http://www.census.gov/population/projections/
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Economic Research Service, Economic Bulletin No. (EIB-16), “Agricultural Resources and Environmental Indicators,” Chapter 2.1, July 2006, http://www.ers. usda.gov/publications/arei/eib16/.
- S. EPA, “Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks:1990-2010,” April 2012. http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/ ghgemissions/usinventoryreport.htm
- IPCC Fourth Assessment Report, Summary for Policymakers, p. 5
- B.D. Santer et.al., “A search for human influences on the thermal structure of the atmosphere,” Nature vol 382, 4 July 1996, 39-46
- Gabriele C. Hegerl, “Detecting Greenhouse-Gas-Induced Climate Change with an Optimal Fingerprint Method,” Journal of Climate, v. 9, October 1996, 2281-2306
- V. Ramaswamy et.al., “Anthropogenic and Natural Influences in the Evolution of Lower Stratospheric Cooling,” Science 311 (24 February 2006), 1138-1141
- B.D. Santer et.al., “Contributions of Anthropogenic and Natural Forcing to Recent Tropopause Height Changes,” Science vol. 301 (25 July 2003), 479-483.
- Church, J. A. and N.J. White (2006), A 20th century acceleration in global sea level rise, Geophysical Research Letters, 33, L01602, doi:10.1029/2005GL024826.
- T.C. Peterson et.al., “State of the Climate in 2008,” Special Supplement to the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, v. 90, no. 8, August 2009, pp. S17-S18.
- I. Allison et.al., The Copenhagen Diagnosis: Updating the World on the Latest Climate Science, UNSW Climate Change Research Center, Sydney, Australia, 2009, p. 11
- Levitus, et al, “Global ocean heat content 1955–2008 in light of recently revealed instrumentation problems,” Geophys. Res. Lett. 36, L07608 (2009).
- L. Polyak, et.al., “History of Sea Ice in the Arctic,” in Past Climate Variability and Change in the Arctic and at High Latitudes, U.S. Geological Survey, Climate Change Science Program Synthesis and Assessment Product 1.2, January 2009, chapter 7
- R. Kwok and D. A. Rothrock, “Decline in Arctic sea ice thickness from submarine and ICESAT records: 1958-2008,” Geophysical Research Letters, v. 36, paper no. L15501, 2009