Welcome to another exciting semester at Valencia!
As having direct contact with students every day, we created the most important resources for you to share with any staff member that supports student instruction as we transition into utilizing this new system.
How Students Will Login
New! Students will need to choose the Course Management System (CMS), Valencia-Blackboard 9.1 Learn or WebCT 6 @Valencia CC, that their Valencia Online Course is hosted through. If a student is unsure off what CMS their course is hosted through have them first go through Atlas – My Courses – Select Current Course Title, this will link the students to the Course Homepage with an Online Course Login button to the correct system.
Student Resources: How to Login
Respondus LockDown Browser
The Respondus LockDown Browser that may have installed in the past is out of date. It cannot be fully updated to the latest version through the program itself. Most faculty who used it last year are running version 3.5 (and when they run an update – the system tells them they are up to date) – They MUST run a full install of Respondus 4.0x before they can use the system with Blackboard Learn 9.1. To download and install the LATEST version of Respondus LockDown Browser software, Lab Managers can access the software from the WEC-Apps-52 directory. If you are uncertain how to access this directory, please contact Virgil Twillman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for instructions.
Resources for Students
Valencia Online Student Resources*New!
We encourage faculty to utilize the newly redesigned Valencia Online Student Resources website to help support your students. This site contains tips and requirements for working in the online environment, student conduct and responsibility, tutorials, and links to collegewide support resources to help students be successful.
Blackboard 9.1 Learn *New!
Additionally, on August 27, 2010 an email was sent to all students registered for courses being taught in Blackboard Learn 9.1. This email provided links to login instructions, details about the “Valencia Online 101 – Student Experience” course, the new Student Resources Website, and instructions on how to access technical support. We encourage you to share these resources with students who visit your labs. A copy of the email is attached here for you.
Common Student Questions – Video Tutorials Bb Learn 9.1
- How to create a discussion board post, reply directly to a post and reply to a thread
- How to download assignment, add file content and upload assignment
- How to take a test online and save answers for submission
- How to view grades and instructor feedback
Resources for Faculty & Staff
Learning Technology Centers @ Campus
We are fortunate to have several centers available to faculty for assistance by walk-in or by appointment. We can help faculty with Atlas, Class Rosters, student communications, WebCT/Blackboard support and much more. Often our adjuncts find the centers useful as a workspace when on campus. It is often just good to know that help is a shout away.
Blackboard Learn 9.1 Training & Support
As Valencia continues our migration from WebCT CE 8 to Blackboard Learn 9.1, our team has worked hard to create a variety of support resources to assist you in successfully implementing this new tool.
- Invitations have been sent out to online & hybrid faculty to participate in LTAD 3282 Blackboard Essentials.
- Blackboard Essentials Self-Paced is available to every Valencia employee. You can access this course by visiting: http://bit.ly/BlackboardEssentialsSelfPaced and entering your atlas username & password to access the materials.
- We’ve added a “Featured Video” link to our homepage http://valenciacc.edu/oit/ltad/ which will be updated regularly with new tips and tricks. These will be added into the self-paced course as well.
- Blackboard 9.1 Learn project site is available and updated frequently. Be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed to stay on top of news and activities surrounding the migration project. http://valenciacc.edu/oit/ltad/instructTools/blackboard/
The Learning Technology & Alternative Delivery team is ready to support our faculty. The most valuable asset we have is the knowledgeable, patient staff. For more about what our team can assist you with, please visit: http://valenciacc.edu/oit/ltad/
Getting Help: Faculty, Students & Staff
Remember that assistance is only a click away. We offer a variety of technical assistance through our Online Help Desk.
Valencia faculty have several ways of getting assistance with courses that use the WebCT/Blackboard online course development tool. For technical assistance with your course, contact the helpdesk by:
- Phone 407-582-5600 (24/7 Phone Support)
- Email email@example.com
You may also chat live with a support team member, submit a ticket with your issue or concern, or review our knowledge-base of resources.
Submit a Ticket
Submit a trouble ticket to our service representatives. You can track the status of your ticket in My Support.
Chat with a service representative live over the web.