The Community College Conference on Legal Issues is a dynamic three-day conference that addresses current trends and legal matters unique to community colleges. The conference will include general and concurrent sessions designed to speak to the various issues shaping the landscape of our learning institutions. Come join us as we learn from the experts and consider how each can apply what we learn in areas including:
- Campus safety and emergency preparedness
- Recruitment and hiring practices
- Discrimination and harassment
- Considerations of race and diversity factors
- Student privacy issues
- Intellectual property
- ADA compliance
- Employee relations
- Social networking
Designed to Make You More Confident on the Job!
Some of the best legal minds will be available to you, answering your questions and helping you to minimize risk and liability for your institution.
Thirty Concurrent Sessions Will be Organized Into Five Tracks:
- Student Affairs Sessions will inform those who interact directly with community college students
- Human Resources Sessions will focus on interactions among employees and between supervisors and employees.
- Academic Affairs Sessions will address issues related to learning and the environments in which learning takes place, as well as the support of scholarship by faculty, staff, students and researchers.
- College Operations and Risk Management Sessions will focus on regulatory issues and strategies for avoiding liability for those who interact with community partners, policy makers and other stakeholder groups.
- Critical Updates and Hot Topics Sessions will focus on higher education law hot topics and provide up-to-the minute information on recent legislation and actions by the courts and regulatory bodies that will impact community colleges in 2014.