Need help? Visit
Events Calendar Help
Want to promote an event?
It’s simple. Just login using your Atlas username and password, submit a short web form, and we will handle the rest!
- Visit valenciacollege.edu/events
- Login to the Valencia Events calendar with your Atlas username and password.
- Click the yellow button: Submit an Event.
- Fill out the web form with as much detail as you can provide.
- Select all event types that apply to the event.
- Remember to hit “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
- We will take care of the rest!
NOTE: Events are location-specific.
If your event is reoccurring at the same location (building/room), you can submit a single event and add reoccurring dates to the same event. The event will appear in the calendar for each date entered. If you have an event that happens at multiple locations on the same or different dates, you will need to create a separate event entry for each location (building/room).
FAQs – Common Questions
How can I add an event to the Valencia Events Calendar?
- Log-in to the Valencia Events Calendar platform.
- Enter your Atlas single sign-on credentials.
ATLAS Username Example: flastname (do not add @valenciacollege.edu)
- Click the yellow button: Submit an Event.
- Complete the form with as much detail about the event as you can provide.
- An administrator will review the event details.
- You will receive an notification email when your event is approved.
How do I use the event calendar?
This website offers information for using the Valencia Events calendar.
How do I log-in to submit an event?
All Valencia College students and employees can log-in to submit an event. Use your Valencia College (Atlas) single sign-on username and password – the same credentials you use to log-in to Atlas.
How can I share events?
Select events, places or groups to subscribe to and add them to your calendar or mobile device.
In the “Admin” link, connect to your personal Twitter and Facebook accounts. Once you connect your social accounts you will be able to share events on that social platform to do things like:
- comment on events
- upload photos
- add events, places and groups to your personal calendar
“WATCH THIS” and “I’M GOING”
Users can indicate whether you plan to attend an event. Choose to follow an event by clicking “Watch This” or “I’m Going”
How can I add my event to my website?
Can I add a list or feed of events to a website?
OIT Web Services can assist in adding a feed of events to a website.
Please submit a Web Services request.
Can events be displayed on a website?
There are several options to display an event feed on a Valencia College web page.
Each option is tailored for a specific region of the web page.
OPTION 1: Featured List
As seen above, this option is exclusively for use in the featured region. This option is optimal for displaying a small number of events that have prominence.
OPTION 2: Thumbnail List
This list is optimal for displaying a larger number of events in the main content area, like an events page.
OPTION 3: Large Image List
This list is optimal for displaying a few events and highlight their descriptions in the main content area.
OPTION 4: Date Icon List
This list is optimal for displaying a small number of events in a small area, like the right sidebar.
What image size should I use?
For best results, use an image at 1,000 x 800 pixels.
Please use the largest image available.
(A minimum of 1000 px on the smallest side).
- Landscape and portrait formats are supported. Landscape (horizontal) format is preferred.
- All image sizes are dynamically generated from the ORIGINAL image size.
- Size and photo uploads should be treated like Facebook: the bigger, the better.
- The calendar platform will dynamically resize the Original image for other locations.
1650 x 1275 Original (recommend at least 1,000 pixels on the smallest side)
750 x 580 Huge
200 x 150 Big
300 x 225 Big 300
80 x 80 Medium
50 x 50 Small
20 x 20 Tiny
Can I “subscribe” to a calendar? How?
First, identify the place, group or event type (category) that you would like to subscribe to.
Next, scroll to the bottom right corner of the page and locate the icons for:
Google | iCal | Outlook | RSS Feed
Click the preferred calendar type to download and add the calendar to your calendar software or platform.
Can I “edit” an event that I submitted? How?
If you edit an event that you submitted after the event has been published, the event will go back into the queue for an admin to approve and re-publish. This usually takes 24-48 hours. If you have an urgent matter, please contact valenciaevents [at] valenciacollege.edu.
To edit an existing event:
- log-in to the events calendar
- locate the event
- scroll to the bottom right corner of the page
- locate the gray “ADMIN” section
- click the “EDIT EVENT” button
- edit the event details
- remember to click “save changes”
- updates will be applied to the “live” event without any delay